Sigma 18-50mm F2.8 DC DN Contemporary
This exceptionally small, light and bright standard zoom for Sony crop-sensor mirrorless cameras is the ultimate workhorse lens.
When you see this lens for the first time you won’t believe your eyes. Beautiful build quality, f/2.8 constant aperture and a “goldilocks” size for the Sony cameras.
We can’t wait for Sigma to make this for other mounts as well.
For now, Sony shooters rejoice.
- Other than easily correctable distortion at the wide end, image quality is very good and so are the colours.
- At 7.5 centimetres tall, this lens fits perfectly on a6000 series cameras and the new ZV-E10. Weight? 290 grams!
- Constant aperture of f2.8 is unbelievable. Paired with its incredible close-focusing capabilities, isolating your subject and throwing everything else into a nice blur is going to be very easy.
- Metal lens mount and high-quality plastic materials make for a solid feeling lens – a great upgrade from kit lenses.
- Minimal focus breathing and above features, make this a great candidate for video recording and gimbal use.
- Great value for the price.
|Lens Type||Standard Zoom|
|Lens Mount||Sony E|
|Focal Length||18-50 (FF equivalent of 27-75mm)|
|Compatible Format Sizes||APS-C|
|Lens Hood Supplied||Yes|
|Size||62 x 77mm|
None at the moment.
55mm Circular Polarizer
55mm UV Filter
Frequently bought with:
Godox M1 RGB LED light
Tamron 17-70mm F/2.8 Di III-A VC RXD
Sony SEL 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS