Sigma 16mm f/1.4 DC DN | Contemporary
The Sigma 16mm F1.4 Contemporary is hard to beat for mirrorless shooters looking for a wide angle prime lens. The F1.4 aperture is just a very nice extra.
Slightly larger than other options, but the price is much nicer.
Videographers really like this lens, even the full-frame shooters using it in crop-mode.
- You wouldn’t expect there to be a big difference in field of view between 16mm and 18mm, but you’d be surprised. One of our favourite focal lengths.
- Sharp lens in a very well-built and premium casing.
- Strong flare resistance, for when you can’t help shooting into light sources (ie: the sun, projectors at concerts, headlights).
- F/1.4 aperture just gives you a lot more options. Shoot at night or indoors. Create distorted portraits and film dreamy cinematics.
- Quiet, quick and accurate autofocus is reliable and takes advantage of manufacturers eye-focus technologies.
- The 16mm is equivalent to 24mm in Full-Frame. Combine this with the large aperture, the reliable focusing (manual and auto) and you can imagine why this lens is a videographers favourite. We think it’s just very versatile.
|Lens Type||Wide-Angle Prime|
|Compatible Format Sizes||APS-C + Micro 4/3|
|Lens Hood Supplied||Yes|
|Size||72 x 92mm|
None at the moment.
67mm Circular Polarizer
67mm UV Filter
Frequently bought with:
Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR
Sony E 15mm F1.4 G
Canon EF-M 11-22mm f/4-5.6 IS STM