Nikon AF-S 200-500mm f/5.6E ED VR
This is the Nikon lens Canon shooters wish they could get!
Extremely good value for what it is.
Whether you shoot wildlife, birds, planes, or fast-paced sports, this lens delivers performance. The 200–500mm range offers exceptional reach. The constant f/5.6 aperture enables comfortable speed and smooth control over depth of field across the entire zoom range. Nikon’s impressive Vibration Reduction lets you shoot at shutter speeds up to 4.5 stops slower, and SPORT VR mode excels at tracking fast action.
Throw this on your d500 or D7000 series APS-C camera for unbelievable magnification(750mm!). Works a charm on Full-Frame Nikon DSLRs as well of course.
- New SPORT mode VR image stabilisation to help you with the most erratic subjects, such as birds in flight and wildlife on the run.
- Very well built and includes a tripod collar – nice touch!
- Constant f/5.6 aperture throughout the whole zoom range – neither you nor the camera need to adjust exposure as you zoom in.
- Minimum focus distance of 2.2 metres and a max. magnification of 0.22x for when you want to capture subjects much closer to you.
- 500mm on the long end is perfect for wildlife, motorsports, team sports on long pitches.
- For even more reach(750mm!), use in APS-C mode or with APS-C cameras – the D7500 and D500 are ideal candidates for this.
- Works great on the new Nikon Z mirrorless cameras with the FTZ adapter.
- All in all, one of the very best lens purchases.
|Lens Type||Telephoto zoom|
|Lens Mount||Nikon F|
|Compatible Format Sizes||Full-Frame and APS-C|
|Lens Hood Supplied||Yes|
|Size||108 x 268mm|
None at the moment.
Frequently bought with:
Nikon D7500 camera