CANON RF 16MM F2.8 STM
Surprising release by Canon and a welcome one!
Use the RF 16mm F2.8 on a full-frame mirrorless (Eos R, RP, R6, R5) for ultra-wide angle architectural shots, creative portraits and dip your toes into astrophotography. In 4k video modes, capture loads of information to work with later on the PC.
And now with Canon’s newest APS-C mirrorless cameras, the R7 and R10, the RF 16mm F2.8 makes total sense! With a focal length equivalent to 25mm on full-frame, this is one of our favourite types of lenses to capture landscapes/cityscapes while travelling.
Vlogger? This was made for you!
Either way, this absolutely tiny lens is great value for the price and should find its way into many Canon shooters’ bag.
- Control ring can be programmed for aperture, shutter speed, ISO, exposure compensation, etc… Very handy!
- 16mm focal length on Full-Frame – perfect lens to slip into the camera bag instead of a wide angle zoom for when you want to travel light.
- Bright aperture of f/2.8 paired with the stabilisation in the latest Canon Eos R range make this lens perfect for nightspots, whether in the city or indoors.
- Gets decent reviews for astrophotography but if you factor in the size and price, it become a no-brainer for beginners and those travelling light.
- 25mm focal length on APS-C (or in FF crop mode) and f/2.8 aperture mean this is THE lens for vlogging and using your new camera as a webcam.
- Silent and smooth focussing STM motor for better transitions during your video recordings.
- Impressive close focussing distance of 13cm – get creative with your close-ups.
|Lens Type||Wide ange prime|
|Lens Mount||Canon RF|
|Focal Length||16mm (25.6 on APS-C)|
|Compatible Format Sizes||Canon RF + RF-S|
|Lens Hood Supplied||No|
|Size||40 x 69mm|
None at the moment.
You may also like…
43mm Circular Polarizer