Nikon Z 40mm f/2
We love when manufacturers make these small lenses.
40mm is “just right” for a natural perspective and the bright F/2.0 aperture is the cherry on the Sunday.
- Shrink you Nikon mirrorless camera with this lens – 46mm tall and weighing only 145grams.
- Low element count (6 elements/4 groups) leads to a more soulful rendering while keeping everything sharp in the middle – colours are vibrant, black&white photos are contrasty and subject tend to pop off the screen.
- Short minimum focus distance of 29 centimetres – get close to your subjects to fill the frame and blur out backgrounds.
- Good coatings and some weather-sealing – take this lens out on you next photowalk without worrying about the lighting conditions.
- Hardly any focus breathing making this a great lens for video recording, how-to reels and webcam sessions.
- Makes a great ens on both Full-Frame (Z 6, Z7, etc…) and APS-C (Z 50 Z fc, etc…) Nikon mirrorless cameras. Equivalent to a 60mm lens on APS-C cameras.
|Lens Type||Standard prime|
|Lens Mount||Nikon Z|
|Compatible Format Sizes||Full-Frame and APS-C|
|Weather Sealing||Yes (Drip and Dust)|
|Lens Hood Supplied||No|
|Size||70 x 46mm|
None at the moment.
52mm Circular Polarizer
52mm UV Filter